Book Review: Fallen



Fallen by Lauren Kate

First sentence: "Around midnight, her eyes at last took shape."

From the back: "There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at Sword & Cross boarding school in Savannah. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Except Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce -- he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret ... even if it kills her. Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story."

My take: I liked the book, however... I expected to like it a lot more than I did. It took me a long time to read this book. Normally, when I sink my teeth into a book that I really absolutely love, it is a fast read for me. This book was more akin to cooking in a crock pot. You simmer the ingredients together all day long, only to dive in at the end of the day. I read this at night before falling asleep mostly. I always wanted to see what happened next, and especially where it was leading me, what was going to happen at the end. It was entertaining, I enjoyed the book, but it never quite grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and MADE me read it with such abandon that I didn't want to put it down. I don't know why Luce liked Daniel, he was anything but nice to her. The first time she saw him, he flipped her the bird, for Pete's sake. Of course, if you can explain why we are attracted to the people we are attracted to in real life, you are better than I am. I liked the setting, I liked the cast of characters. I liked the storyline. I do look forward to the next book due out later this year and will most likely read it, as well.

If you've got a review of this book posted, let me know, and I'll link it here!
Teens Read and Write Review
Lost For Words

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 464 pages
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers (December 8, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0385738935
ISBN-13: 978-0385738934

My rating: B




2 comments :

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

I love Teens Read and Write too :) Aren't they marvelous?

Kaytee said...

I just bought this book! Thanks for the review!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...