Book Review: The Iron King



Book Review: The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

First sentence: "Ten years ago, on my sixth birthday, my father disappeared."

From the back: "Meghan Chase has a secret destiny -- one she could never have imagined... Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school... or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth -- that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face... and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart."

My take: Fun, thrilling, visually descriptive. I don't know if they are making this into a movie or not, but the whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking what an awesome movie it would make. Julie Kagawa's writing is very descriptive and I enjoyed it very much. I couldn't decide which boy I was rooting for ... Puck or Ash. All I can say is I'm anxious to see the next installment in this series. This is a highly entertaining and exciting read. The author's website: Julie Kagawa.

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!

Candace's Book Blog
Reading Angel


Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (February 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0373210086
ISBN-13: 978-0373210084

My rating: A




2 comments :

Angel said...

I'm reading this now!! Sooo good!

LJK said...

I feel like I'm the only person that didn't love this book, but maybe I just couldn't get into Ash. I just reviewed it Friday at http://bookitty.typepad.com.

Lea

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...