Book Review: The Cougar Club



Book Review: The Cougar Club by Susan McBride

First sentence: "When it rains, it pours."

From the back: "Meet three women who aren't about to run and hide just because the world says they should be on the shelf and out of circulation.

Kat: Her life seems perfect until she loses her high-powered advertising job and catches her live-in lover in a compromising position -- with his computer!

Carla: This sexy TV news anchor is in danger of being replaced by a twentysomething blond bimbo. Wasn't it just yesterday that she was the up-and-coming star?

Elise: A married dermatologist, Elise thinks her plastic surgeon husband is playing doctor with someone else.

Kat firmly believes that aging gracefully isn't about giving up; it's about living life with your engine on overdrive. So this unofficial "Cougar Club" quickly learns three things about survival of the fittest in today's youth-obsessed society: True friendship never dies, the only way to live is real, and you're never too old to follow your heart."

My take: I have never read anything by Susan McBride before. Imagine my surprise when I realized she lives in St. Louis, MO and was writing about places in the STL area that are at least familiar to me in passing. (I've only lived here a little over 3 years). I enjoyed the book very much and maybe part of that is because I like younger men, myself! My ex-husband is 10 years younger than me... Anyway, the book starts out with Kat, she loses her job and catches her boyfriend in a not-so-delicate position all in a matter of a few hours. She decides that it's time to move back home to St. Louis and she winds up reconnecting with two good friends in the process. Each of the women has their own unique situation/story and I found the book very entertaining. I think my favorite character was Elise. She may be married, and she may think her hubby is cheating on her, but you'll never suspect with who! I think the over-forty crowd will be able to relate to this book.

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!

Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Avon A; 1 edition (January 26, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0061771260
ISBN-13: 978-0061771262

My Rating: B




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...