Book Review: We'll Always Have Summer


Book Review: We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

First sentence: "On Wednesday nights when I was little, my mom and I would watch old musicals."

From the back: "Belly has only ever been in love with two boys, both with the last name Fisher. And after being with Jeremiah for the last two years, she's almost positive he is her soul mate.

Almost.

Conrad has not gotten over the mistake he made when he let Belly go, even as Jeremiah has always known that Belly is the girl for him. So when Belly and Jeremiah decide to make things forever, Conrad realizes that it's now or never -- tell Belly he loves her, or lose her for good. Belly will have to confront her feelings for Jeremiah and Conrad and face a truth she has possibly always known: She will have to break one of their hearts."

My take: Sigh. Long sigh. It has been a long while since I've read a series of books back to back. I barely finished book two -- and I was diving into book three. I devoured the series. Yes. It was THAT good. When I finished book two, I made up my mind I wanted her to wind up with Conrad. Jeremy was sweet. They were best friends. But Conrad... wow. Belly grows up a lot throughout this series. I wasn't sure I liked her so much in books one and two. But I felt all of her pain in this third and final book of the "summer" series. My only regret... and it's a huge one... is that the series is over. I recommend you go to a bookstore and buy all three. Because if you read one, you have to read two and then you will most assuredly need to read three.

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!

Chick Loves Lit

Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers (April 26, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1416995587
ISBN-13: 978-1416995586

My Rating: A




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...