Book Review: Cold Light


Book Reivew: Cold Light by Jenn Ashworth

First sentence: "They are showing it this afternoon."

From the back: "I'm sitting on my couch, watching the local news. There's Chloe's parents, the mayor, the hangers on, all grouped round the pond for the ceremony. It's ten years since Chloe and Carl drowned, and they've finally chosen a memorial -- a stupid summer house. The mayor has a spade decked out in pink and white ribon, and he's started to dig.

You can tell from their faces that something has gone wrong. But I'm the one who knows straightaway that the mayor has found a body. And I know who it is.

This is the tale of two fourteen-year-old girls, best friends, and one terrible winter when lies, secrets, jealousy, and perversion ended in tragedy more tangled and evil than a tight-knit community can possibly believe."

My take: This book has been out awhile? Or is it just being released in October 2012? I can't tell, but the copy I received is an ARC for review and is scheduled to come out later this year. It took me a long time to read this. It moved a little slower than I would have preferred, but that's just my taste preference. I want a book to grab me by the collar and drag me along for the ride. This book was also a bit hard to follow for me at times as it jumps around from past to present and back again in a blink of an eye. I liked the story and the ending was different than what I had anticipated. If you like thrillers and who-done-its you will probably like this book.

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!


Paperback: 432 pages
Publisher: HarperLuxe; Lrg edition (October 16, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 006208867X
ISBN-13: 978-0062088673





0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...