Book Review: Fifty Shades Darker


Book Review: Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

First sentence: "I have survived Day Three Post-Christian, and my first day at work."

From the back: "Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Ana cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Ana learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven, and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life."

My take: I didn't think after reading the first Fifty Shades that I would need to read the 2nd. But honestly, I liked this one better. The author's writing has improved and there is a fair storyline to follow. Although, to be honest, I did skim a few pages here and there. Now that they are going to make a movie out of the trilogy, I couldn't help but picture who I'd like to portray Christian in the movie while reading. This makes the book oh so much more steamy. Ian Smolder-hotter has my vote for the part all the way. I have the third book on the counter, I'll read it soon. Just not back to back. I think my favorite part was the email bantering between the two of them. That and Ana's inner dialog. Even if she does say "Holy Cow" or various other "holy-somethings" many, many times.  

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!

Paperback: 544 pages
Publisher: Vintage; Reprint edition (April 17, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0345803493
ISBN-13: 978-0345803498





0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...