Book Review: Shadows


Book Review: Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick

First sentence: "FUBAR: that was Jed's name for it."

From Amazon.com: "The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive.

Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she believed Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she’d come to love.
But she was wrong.

Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don’t trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive.

Welcome to Shadows, the second book in the haunting apocalyptic Ashes Trilogy: where no one is safe and humans may be the worst of the monsters."

My take: I thought the Fate's were smiling down on me when I got an advanced copy of this book but now that I'm finished I think they are just snickering cause it is going to be absolute torture waiting for the 3rd book in the trilogy to be released. This book starts off right where the last one left off. It did start a little slow but once it got going there was no way I could put it down. Without giving too much away, the plot in this story is very deep and masterfully written and is quite graphic at times. Just when you get a couple of questions answered and you think you might know the direction the story is taking you get your legs knocked out from under you. One minute you think your rooting for the good guys and then you realize yeah they might not be so good after all and you're just left with more questions. The author takes you on a wild and crazy ride and every time you tell yourself one more chapter, I can promise it wont stop at that. As she did throughout the book, she leaves you with a wonderful cliff hanger that has your mind jumbled and thinking I cant believe this just happened.

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!

Reading level: Ages 14 and up
Hardcover: 528 pages
Publisher: EgmontUSA (September 25, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1606841769
ISBN-13: 978-1606841761





2 comments :

Danny said...

I loved the first book so much!! For some reason I still cannot tell I found this to stick aout among the Dystopian books! Glad to see you also loved this one!!

Lori L. Clark said...

Ilsa J. Bick is one of my favorite authors. I visualize the story while reading along quite well when I read her stuff. But... sometimes she's a little graphic. Definitely not for sissies. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...