Book Review: The Wild Ones


Book Review: The Wild Ones by M. Leighton

First sentence: "Sipping my beer, I look around at the familiar scene."

From Amazon.com: "Passion as hot as midnight in the South and love as wild as the horses they tame. Camille "Cami" Hines is the darling daughter of the South’s champion thoroughbred breeder, Jack Hines. She has a pedigree that rivals some of her father's best horses. Other than feeling a little suffocated at times, Cami thought she was pretty happy with her boyfriend, her life and her future. But that was before she met Patrick Henley. "Trick" blurs the lines between what Cami wants and what is expected of her. He's considered the "help," which is forbidden fruit as far as her father is concerned, not to mention that Trick would be fired if he ever laid a hand on her. And Trick needs his job. Desperately. His family depends on him. The heart wants what the heart wants, though, and Trick and Cami are drawn to each other despite the obstacles. At least the ones they know of. When Trick stumbles upon a note from his father, it triggers a series of revelations that could ruin what he and Cami have worked so hard to overcome. It turns out there’s more to Trick's presence at the ranch than either of them knew, secrets that could tear them apart."

My take: Oh dear God. This book has it all. Spunky heroine, hotter-than-hot hero, fast horses and hot classic cars. What more could a person possibly want? I read a review of this book and thought it sounded like something I'd enjoy reading -- so I downloaded it and read it. Loved it. Makes me want to go out and buy a fast car, a fast horse and a cowboy hat. All of which I sort of had when I was younger. Cami is great, and it's hard to find a heroine who doesn't have some little quirk that annoys me. But I can't think of anything about her I didn't like. And Trick? Oh sweet Jesus. Loves horses, knows his horses, loves cars, can sing and play music and is pure sensuality all rolled up into one neat little package. Pretty amazing, I'd say. This book screams "Lifetime Movie" at me. I blazed right through the book, laughing and crying the whole way. Seriously. Read. This. Book!

If you've reviewed the book, leave a comment here and I'll post a link to your review!


Paperback: 330 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 30, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1478334371
ISBN-13: 978-1478334378





0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...